We have waited for six years to finally write this post. As of today – we officially have two more Griffins! Meet Kevin and Ines. Six year old twins from Burundi who have captured our hearts. If you are new to our adoption journey, browse this blog. For the rest of you…we are putting the FAQ here for you along with plenty of pics!
Who are these twins?
We can’t tell you much of their history. However they are six and a half. They have been at an orphanage in Bujumbura since they were around two. There is no living family to take care of them but the workers in the shelter have been amazing and become a family to these two.
Liz got to meet Kevin and Ines this past fall and had so much fun with them. They are incredibly joyful, love to laugh and play, eat loads and have a very strong sibling bond. They have stayed together their whole lives – even sleeping next to each other in the orphanage. We are praying that their close relationship will make the adjustment easier for them.
They currently speak zero English! So it is going to be an adventure on so many fronts!
They are officially yours! What now?
Once their Burundian passports are issued and their new birth certificates are printed, we will travel to Burundi to go get them.
Will Sophie and Tait go?
No. They will stay back with a village of friends and family who are chipping in and helping.
How long will you be there?
Jady and I will be in Burundi for about a week getting their paperwork together. Next we will travel together with Kevin and Ines to Nairobi, Kenya. The U.S. Embassy in Burundi does not have all the services required to process an adoption. In Nairobi we will get their medical exams and other items needed for them to enter back to the States. Our time in Kenya will be about two weeks. Our total trip will be about three weeks.
What do you need?
Many of you have asked how you can help. Here are a few ways:
- Give. You can make a tax-deductible donation to our adoption here. We still need about $7,000.
- Pray. Becoming a family of six is a big transition!
- pray that the passports and birth certificates come in ASAP
- Burundi has been experiencing quite a bit of violence lately. Join us in praying for peace.
- An easy transition for the kids. Sophie, Tait, Kevin and Ines are about to have a major life shift. Please pray for our family as we go through the journey of becoming one.
- Donate. If you would like to donate airline miles or hotel points that we could use in Kenya, please let us know!
If you have any other questions shoot us an email! firstname.lastname@example.org
We will leave you with a few more pics!